Inverter-Chargers – Torque Series
High Power DC-AC Inverters with Built-in Battery Chargers.
The “Torque” Series (TQ) Inverter-Chargers incorporates all the ruggedness and reliability of the perfect wave series but with upgraded electronics that provide higher peak power, efficiency, protection and a high power density resulting in a reduction in case size. Ideal for marine applications including commercial ships, live-aboards, recreational craft, and military vessels, the Torque Series also features a diagnostic monitor panel with power limit programming is built-in with an optional full function LCD text display.
Six models for use with 12 and 24 volt battery systems provide continuous rated AC power ranging from 1000 to 3600 watts at 115 VAC-60 Hz., and battery charging 60 – 150 amps.
TQ inverter-chargers deliver high surge capability for starting motor loads and pure, sinusoidal AC for flawless operation of all appliances and sensitive electronics. They are ideal for entertainment systems and micro-processor-based equipment such as computers which are intolerant to AC wave distortion.
Whenever shore or generator AC power is available, a built-in automatic transfer which activates the multi-stage battery charger for rapid and safe replenishment of the inverter battery bank.
Protection features include thermally controlled cooling fans, low voltage cutout, thermal and overload protection and ground fault interruption, built in rugged powder coated aluminum case suitable for permanent horizontal or bulkhead mounting. A front panel LED display provides basic diagnostics and voltage data. It can also be removed and installed as a remote. An optional LCD remote indicator and control panel is available
for all models.
- Rugged hostile environment-proven circuitry generates AC for powering any appliance, from wattage-hungry refrigeration to highly input-sensitive computers, electronic controllers/processors.
- Built-in high output charger for rapid battery bank replenishment – feature three stage, temperature compensated charger with output programmable for gel-cell, flooded lead-acid or AGM battery type, and amp-hour capacity selector for proper charging in various applications. Will charge batteries that have been discharged to zero volts.
- Programmable AC input power limiting avoids nuisance tripping of shore power breakers when limited power is available
- Internal charger is activated by an automatic transfer relay via remote sensor whenever external AC power is available. Optional Battery Integrator permits charging of multiple banks
- Transfer switch does not require DC voltage to function – can charge totally dead batteries
- Designed for maximum ease of installation and operation – installer and user-friendly. Large DC input terminal blocks and front panel GFCI protected outlet receptacle. AC output from the inverter may also be hard-wired.
- All important aspects of inverter and charger operation clearly displayed with front panel status indicators which can also be mounted as a remote
- Numerous safety and circuit protections: short circuit, overload, over-temperature, ground fault protection, output circuit breakers
- Thermally controlled, low noise cooling fan prolongs life of components
- Automatic low voltage shutdown circuit prevents damage to batteries due to over-discharge when using inverter function.
- Heavy duty powder coated aluminum construction and polyurethane coated internal circuitry – built to last in the harsh marine environment.
- UL listed with two year warranty
|Inverter Output @ 120VAC, 60Hz.|
|VDC||10.5 – 17||10.5 – 17||10.5 – 17||10.5 – 17||21 – 30||21 – 30|
|VAC – 60 Hz.||95-135V||95-135V||95-135V||95-135V||95-135V||95-135V|
|Charger Output 3 Stage|
|Max Amps @ V||60A@12V||75A@12V||125A@12V||150A@12V||75A@24V||90A@24V|
|Case Size Ref.||C-1||C-1||C-2||C-3||C-4||C-5|
Case Size Reference
Three stage “smart charger” programmable
via selector switch for gel, flooded lead-acid or
AGM battery type; Output temperature compensated via a provided battery temp sensor with 20′ cable.
- Remote LCD monitor and control indicator panel
- Battery Integrator, Models BI-100 and BI-24-100, enables charging of multiple isolated battery banks
- AC and DC energy monitors
- High current fuse assembly
- Circuit Breakers
Operating Temperature: -20˚ C to +65Â° C (0˚ F to 149˚ F)
Inverter Regulation: 120 VAC RMS (110V – 127V)
Transfer Time: ≤20 ms
- Automatic low battery shutdown
- Output circuit breaker
- Auto high temperature shutdown/recovery
- Overload protection
Mechanical Features (all models)
- Thermally controlled cooling fan
- AC hard-wire and dual GFCI protected duplex outlet
- Powder coated aluminum case with mounting flanges
- Polyurethane coated printed circuit boards for corrosion resistance
Optional Remote LCD Monitor & Control Indicator Panel
5.75″ x 3.75″