The Isolated series provides voltage conversion as well as input/output isolation, allowing use of negative ground gear to positive or floating ground battery systems, or vice versa. Many models may also be used as 12 or 24 volt stabilizers for highly input voltage sensitive equipment.
Using an Isolated Converter as a voltage stabilizer on 12 or 24 volt systems can solve conducted noise and interference problems on sensitive DC powered devices communication, navigation systems, and DC micro-processor based devices.
- Wide range of input voltage
- Precise output voltage regulation
- Reverse polarity
- Input fuse/Output fuse
- Total input/output isolation, pos. or neg. ground
- Current limiting, short circuit proof output
- Automatic re-setting thermal shutdown
- High/low input voltage shutdown
- Polyurethane conformal coating on PC board
- Power ON light
- Rugged case designed for high vibration applications
|**11.5 VDC minimum start-up voltage, then operates @ 10-16 VDC from 1 amp minimum to full load|
Output: 13.6 VDC (internally adjustable 12.6 -14.5) or 24.5 VDC (or specify)
Ripple: 150 mV P-P maximum
Regulation: 1% Line/Load
Duty Cycle Ratings: Intermittent – 20 minutes max on time, 20% duty. current limit set at approx. 105% of intermittent rating. Continuous – 24 hours, 100% duty
Idle Current: Less than 100 mA (including power “ON” light )
Operating Temp: 0-50˚ C, Derate Linearly From 100% @ 40˚ C To 50% @ 50˚ C.
Thermal shutdown @ 70˚ C Case Temperature.
Switching Frequency: 40 Khz.
Efficiency: 85% – Typical.
Isolation – Output/Chassis; Input/chassis: 250 VDC
- Anodized aluminum heat sink case
- Front panel terminal block
- Heavy duty mounting flange
- Conformal coated PC board
- Operation as battery charger or parallel redundant operation* – derate to continuous duty rating (contact factory)
- Extreme vibration mounting kit. (Information below)
The Extreme Vibration Mounting Kit is available to protect NEWMAR power converters from the extreme stresses of shock and vibration when mounted on high vibration vehicles.
The kit (pictured here) replaces the standard vibration kit provided with the unit and fits into the unit’s mounting flange to act as a ‘super shock absorber’ for electronics in high vibration applications. It is available to fit all NEWMAR units from 2 to 70 lbs. Specify KIT L for units which weigh 2 -15 lbs. and Kit H for units which weigh 16 – 70 lbs.