DC-DC Converters – Standard Series
Convert 20-50 VDC input to 12 or 24 VDC negative ground output for powering communication/navigation equipment, on negative ground systems. (See Isolated Series, for positive ground applications.) Ideal for powering voice, data and navigation electronics in marine applications.
- Excellent Regulation: Output voltage maintained within 1% under all line and load conditions within rating.
- Heat generated by semi-conductors is extracted and dissipated by large heat sink fins that maximize air contact for cool operation and long life of components.
- Polyurethane conformal coating on PC boards and corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum case with heavy duty shock mounts assure survival in hostile environments.
- Numerous converter and load protection circuits:
- Current limiting
- Automatic thermal shutdown
- Short circuit proof
- Reverse polarity
- Overvoltage protection
- Carries CE mark
|Model||Input voltage||Output voltage||Output Amps||Case Size||Weight|
Output: 13.6 VDC (internally adjustable 12.6 -14.5) or 24.5 VDC (or specify) except 24-12-3
Ripple: 150 mV P-P maximum
Regulation: 1% Line/Load
Duty Cycle Ratings*:
Intermittent: 20 minutes max on time, 20% duty. current limit set at approx. 105% of intermittent rating.
Continuous: 24 hours, 100% duty *24-12-3: 2 minute max. on time
Idle Current: Less than 100 mA (including power “ON” light )
0-50˚ C, Derate Linearly From 100% @ 40˚ C To 50% @ 50˚ C.
Thermal shutdown @ 70˚ C Case Temperature
Model 24-12-3: Full output -25˚ to +30˚ C; Derate linearly from 100% @ +30˚ C to 45% @ +50˚ C
Switching Frequency: 40 Khz
Efficiency: 85% – Typical.
Isolation: Output/Chassis; Input/chassis: 250 VDC
- Powder coated aluminum heat sink case
- Front panel terminal block
- Heavy duty mounting flange
- Conformal coated PC board
- Operation as battery charger or parallel redundant operation* – derate to continuous duty rating (contact factory)
- Extreme vibration mounting kit. (Information below) * Except Model: 24-12-3
The Extreme Vibration Mounting Kit is available to protect NEWMAR power converters from the extreme stresses of shock and vibration when mounted on high vibration vehicles. The kit (pictured here) replaces the standard vibration kit provided with the unit and fits into the unit’s mounting flange to act as a ‘super shock absorber’ for electronics in high vibration applications. It is available to fit all NEWMAR units from 2 to 70 lbs. Specify KIT L for units which weigh 2 -15 lbs. and Kit H for units which weigh 16 -7 0 lbs.