Charging multiple battery banks without use of diode isolators dictates that the batteries be connected or “integrated” only whenever a charge voltage is present so that they may be charged simultaneously, then disconnected or “isolated” when charge voltage is no longer present to allow for selective discharge and avoid having the secondary or standby battery drain into the primary battery.
Battery Integrators perform this function automatically, acting as a “smart” switch to connect independent battery banks only when a charging voltage is present. Otherwise, they are isolated, and discharge between banks is prevented.
The Battery Integrator causes no voltage drop in the charging system, while the multiple batteries are charged as a single bank whenever a charging source of approximately 13.2 VDC or 26.4 VDC or greater is present (depending on model).
When the alternator or charger is off or a large load causes the voltage to drop below the disconnect point the unit breaks the common tie between the banks. This allows selective battery discharge and prevents “dumping” of a higher-charged bank into a lower-charged bank. The unit may also be remotely activated to connect other batteries through the key starter or a manual switch to provide an added “boost” from the secondary battery whenever the starter is engaged and the unit senses there is sufficient voltage in that battery to provide an assist.
- Enables charging of two separate banks with out voltage drop, yet maintains 100% isolation at all other times. For systems of three banks or more, an additional unit must be installed for each additional bank
- Heavy duty silver-plated contactor, continuous duty rated to 100 amps or 200 amp depending on model
- Voltage sense circuit, epoxy encapsulated and heavy duty continuous rated solenoid are all designed for use in marine environments
- 12 volt, 100 amp model has ignition protection rating
- Easy three-wire hook up for two bank systems (BATT +, BATT +, GROUND)
- Terminal for optional wiring of remote light indicating when battery banks are integrated
- Optional internal connection can be wired though key starter or manual over ride switch, tying battery banks together for extra boost during engine start
Control: -40 to +85˚ C
Solenoid: -28 to +48˚ C
Terminals: Battery Connections: 5/16″ copper alloy stud
Dimensions (H x W x D)/Weight:
100 Amp Models: 3″ x 3.25″ x 2.5″ / 1Lb.
200 Amp Model: 4” x 3.3” x 4.1” / 2 Lbs.
Approvals: CE Marked
|BI-100*||12 VDC||13.2 VDC||12.8 VDC||100 Amps||400 Amps|
|BI-200||12 VDC||13.2 VDC||12.8 VDC||200 Amps||600 Amps|
|BI-24-100||24 VDC||26.4 VDC||25.6 VDC||100 Amps||400 Amps|
|* Ignition Protected|