Integrated Power System
The Integrated Power System (IPS) is a unique multifunction power supply which incorporates built-in battery back-up and numerous power accessories within a single 2RU (3.5″) chassis, thus eliminating time-consuming system integration, component sourcing and installation, while saving precious rack space–ideal for 12, 24 or 48VDC power applications requiring AC fault tolerant operation such as GMDSS systems or any critical DC system.
A precision regulated power supply/charger, back-up battery, low voltage battery disconnect, output metering, LED status indicators and Form C alarm contacts are all pre-wired and calibrated within the unit for plug-and-play operation. Plug-in terminals are provided for easy wiring of an additional parallel rectifier input, or external batteries for increased back-up capacity.
The batteries are always in-line with the load, thus there is no interruption from relays or transfer switches in the event of AC loss. Batteries are recharged when AC is restored. A manual battery disconnect switch allows internal or external battery service or replacement while the system is running. Models available for -48, +24 and +12 volt applications.
- Precision regulated power supply simultaneously maintains batteries at peak charge and supplies system load
- Built-in batteries instantly power load during AC failure–no switch-over delay. 3-5 year average life. Terminals provided for additional external batteries for increased back-up capacity
- Terminals provided for easy addition of supplemental power via parallel rectifier (48V and 24V models only)
- Automatic low voltage and manual battery disconnect
- Numerous front panel monitors–L.E.D. status indicators and digital ammeter/voltmeter
- Form C summary failure alarm contacts; loss of internal rectifier output, loss of external rectifier output, low voltage battery disconnect contactor open. AC input failure alarm contacts optional
- Numerous protection features–AC input breaker, internal battery breaker, auto thermal shutdown/recovery, current-limiting, short- circuit and over-voltage protection
- 19″ rack, 6″ forward rackmount brackets provided
Load 115 / 230
|IPS 48-11||11 / 5.5||54.4||40-60 VDC||40 Amps||5 A-H||Positive|
|IPS 24-22||11 / 5.5||27.2||20-30 VDC||40 Amps||10 A-H||Negative|
|IPS 12-40||11 / 5.5||13.6||10-15 VDC||N/A||20 A-H||Negative|